So, 2020 has been weird! Here at Two for Joy, we started the year looking forward to two wedding fairs at The National Brewery Centre in Burton, and we also had plans to host more events in the summer and autumn. Unfortunately, the effects of Coronavirus – COVID-19 – meant that we had to postpone these events.
But, we are pleased to say that our September event will still go ahead, with COVID secure measures and social distancing guidelines.
It’s a fine balancing act between supporting small businesses and wedding traders but also making sure all people attending are safe and protected for the good of the nation and the NHS. We also want to help local wedding suppliers to make future bookings with brides and grooms to keep their fabulous independent businesses afloat during these uncertain times and in to the future.
At our wedding fair in September, we have taken all possible steps to prioritise the safety of everybody – The National Brewery Centre is a Covid Secure venue and we will ensure all guidelines are adhered to.
- Please get your ticket from Eventbrite – click here.
- Upon entry to the Brewery Tap there is a one way system in place which is consistent with Government social distancing guidelines.
- Please wear a face covering in the shop, museum and marquee (unless you are exempt).
- Hand sanitiser is available on all entry points and in the marquee.
- Due to social distancing we will be limiting the number of visitors in the marquee at any one time. This may result in a short wait.
- On entry to the marquee all guests will be required to give us their name, telephone number and time of arrival for “test and trace”. This information will be stored securely for 3 weeks by The National Brewery Centre – who will then destroy the details in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Keep your distance from fellow visitors and traders.
- Please follow the clockwise one way system.
- Children are always welcome, but please keep them close to you and your party.
- Groups of more than 6 will be refused entry.
- DO NOT attend our event if you have symptoms of Covid-19, have been tested and haven’t received your results back yet or believe you have been exposed to someone with the virus.
With these precautions in place, we are confident that we will be able to hold a fabulous wedding fair and successfully adapt to this new way of working to keep us all safe.
The listed Victorian buildings at The National Brewery Centre provide an impressive setting for any wedding. This historic environment is perfectly complemented by the range of impressive function rooms available, and is centrally located in Burton, close to the mainline rail station and offers plenty of free parking.
Two for Joy Burton Wedding Fair will be held at The National Brewery Centre, Burton upon Trent, in the Hop Garden Marquee and Courtyard on Sunday 27th September 2020, 11am – 3pm.